Thursday 18 August 2011

Magazine Addict - Simply Cards and Papercraft Issue 87







Craftwork Cards Botanical Collection papers came free with this issue! I'd admired these papers from afar and seen some great cards made with them on the Craftwork Cards website. Now I've got them...and got a creativity block! So I kept it simple, using die cutting and highlighting with gel pens and gems on the first ; and using it purely as a background on the second. The second card was made using the Promarkers Masterclass by Lindsey Hopkins, in the same mag.

Actually, disaster struck when I was die cutting this card. The rubber shim I was using got caught in the rollers of the Big Shot and totally jammed. I emailed Sizzix to ask them about dismantling the Big Shot and they advised me not to as it would invalidate my warranty. I don't have a warranty as I bought it on Ebay! So, it was a case of dismantle and unjam, or chuck the machine out.

My partner and I spent over an hour last night dismantling it , getting out the rubber shim and then, with great difficulty, putting it together again. The Big Shot is back!!

No comments: