Saturday 3 March 2012

For my sister


My sister's birthday is on Good Friday this year and so I'm way ahead thanks to the challenges I'm entering this for.

First, A Day for Daisies. Their challenge is 'Dress it up with Gingham' and I used the freebie chicks they provided and combined it with the little girl from their March club kit.

The colour combination came from Daring Cardmakers - Caramel, Pale Lemon, Duck egg and a touch of gold.

For the finishing touch, I went to The Paper Variety - Tic Tac Toe. I was already sorted for the first two - Create a card and Spring theme. So I chose to add 'include stitching'. Oh my !!! That scrap of paper was much bigger when I first put it in my sewing machine. The top thread kept pinging out, leaving me with empty holes and I had to keep trimming the paper and starting again!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so sweet I bet your sister was thrilled
Hugs Elaine

Broni said...

I LOVE that you used gingham paper for her apron and hat! Perfect! Thanks for playing along in the ADFD challenge!

Kathy said...

This is sooooo sweet Thanks for joining in with this week's March's colour combo challenge from The Daring Cardmakers

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Lovely card, such a sweet image. Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week x

Shelly said...

Love your card and I'm sure your sister will love it too! I also love the cheeriness of it, so pretty!

Alice said...

sweetness! love that you combined both images. darling card! thanks for joining us at A Day For Daisies!