Saturday 22 February 2014

Guest Designer Sami Stamps



I'm proud to say that today, I'm guest designer at Sami Stamps.  If you pop over to Sami Stamps  you will see a photo of me and details of Sami's latest digital stamp release. The mushroom fairy on my tag is part of that new release.  Here's how I made it:



I used:
Sami Stamps digi Mushroom Fairy
Chipboard rectangle  (mine had a white coating on one side and bevelled edges)
Markers,  Ultra fine glitter ,Two shades of beige/brown ink pad
Clear ink pad (Versamark)  and clear embossing powder
Heat gun and hole punch
Woodgrain rubber stamp
Twine, charm, gem

I coloured in the fairy and cut it out very closely.  I coloured the chipboard using the paler ink and stamped the woodgrain with the darker ink. I glued the fairy image onto the tag and punched a hole.  I put glue on the fairy’s wings and sprinkled them with ultra-fine glittter. I dabbed the whole tag with clear ink , sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heated it to melt.  This was repeated 3 or four times till the surface was glassy smooth. The dabbing of the clear ink caused particles of glitter to be transferred across the tag, which (although not originally intended!) gives the whole tag a fairy sparkle.  I finished it off with some twine, a dragonfly charm and a gem. 
Thanks Sami for having me as guest designer

I'd like to enter:
Eclectic Ellapu  Anything but a card
Dreamvalley Challenges Tag you're it 
Twisted Tuesday  Anything but a card/chipboard 
4 Crafty Chicks Things with wings 

6 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Very pretty tag, love the wood grain paper too! ~Diane

Pia S said...

Love how you've used clear embossing powder on this tag, it's a beautiful glossy look with touches of sparkle! Very nice indeed!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! I thought this was WOOD! Great job! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks, I hope you will join us again soon!
Tina - DT member

chrissie said...

Congratulations. What a beautiful tag with the wooden background and gorgeous image.

Love Chrissie x

Nonni said...

Great project! Congratulations for being a GDT at Sami's! xx

DebiJ said...

What a fantastic tag! Great colouring & such a lot of work!
Thank you for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks.
Debi - GD@4CC