Sunday 20 April 2014

Stocking up on Birthday Cards


A few days ago, I was surprised to discover that my stock of birthday cards was running perilously low, so I am trying to make some now.

The first card here was made using rub ons (the buildings) and a very old All Night Media balloons stamp.  I'd like to enter this into Curtain Call  (Confetti crush) and My Time to Craft (Up, up and away).

The second card was going to be a 'white on white', but I really couldn't get the panel with the sentiment to stand out enough so  decided to add a little pink. (I hope it doesn't look too much like a wedding card!). The panel is a Stampin Up stamp with a matching punch , and I added a sentiment (unknown) and used the same ink to colour the tips of the white flowers. I know the ribbon looks grey in the photo , but it's a pearlescent white. I'd like to enter  Crafty Creations (white plus one other colour) and Seize the Birthday ( white on white or ag - well, I nearly made the optional theme!).

7 comments:

chrissie said...

Fantastic cards Marina and both so different

Love Chrissie x

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful cards, I love the balloons and the skyline on it! ~Diane

Michelle J M said...

Two fabulous cards Marina. Love the gentle colours of the second one and the vibrancy of the first. Those rub ons look really good. I have only ever had word rub ons. Michelle x

Susie W. said...

Great cards! Love the textures and layers on your second card. I'm so glad you joined us at Seize The Birthday!

shirley-bee said...

Fab cards! I like how you've added a touch of pink to define your white on white card :) Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

Pia S said...

Your white on white card is so elegant, I love the delicate look of it. Your first card is so fun and cheerful, I've never seen rub ons like the colorful buildings, I really like what you've created with these.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fantastic creation, love the bright colours you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx