Friday 3 April 2015

Empty Box Project #14 - No-one said it'd be Easy !



Well, at last I have used these Indigo Blu stamps from my Empty Box Project box!
I struggled. Firstly, I felt uninspired by them. (I think they were a free gift). Secondly, I found it hard to get a good impression of this woman stamp.

Eventually, I got a good impression using a very sticky ink pad and then chose some spring-y coloured inks and sponged them over. I stamped just the top line of the sentiment on the bottom of the panel.  Then I created a background with yellow ink and randomly stamping the two flower stamps.

Just to recap:
On New Year's day I revealed my stamping shame - a big box of unused stamps - and started my Empty Box project. My aim is to work through the box , one stamp/ stamp set at a time and see if I can use them. If I can't use them, I will dispose of them. The aim is to finish with an empty box.

I quite like the end result and yet...I don't love these stamps. If you do, please leave me a comment with your email address and I will contact you and send you them. (UK only please due to postage).

While I've got you, here's a photo of the paper bunting I made to decorate my house for Easter. I must find a better way of hanging it!


I'd like to enter my card into:
Cheerful Stamp Pad silhouette
Our Creative Corner colour your world 
Come and Get it  one for the girls 

6 comments:

chrissie said...

I love that stamp and you have used it so well Marina.

Hope you enjoy the Easter Weekend

Love Chrissie xx

Lys said...

I love your idea of the empty box. What an original way to go out your comfort zone, being so honest and work on it anyway... and generously sharing too! Congratulations and thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

Michele said...

i'm so glad you pulled this stamp out of your box of shame! you have made a stunning creation and i am equally glad you are playing along with us at the cheerful stamp pad silhouette challenge! best success to you. xo from michele on the DT

Laurie Moore said...

I loved the stamps you used for this gorgeous project. Thank you for entering it in our challenge at Our Creative Corner. Happy Spring! xxx Laurie Moore

Alli Devine said...

I have struggled to get a decent image from this stamp too, but you managed it and the finished card is gorgeous thank you for entering our Spring/Easter Challenge at Ooh La La Creations

Alli x

Julia S-W said...

Beautiful stamped image and love your colours. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner. Julia x