Sunday 20 March 2016

En Route


Here are a couple of layouts I made at my lovely local crop (Scrapbags)  yesterday.

For the first, En Route, I used lots of stamped chevrons (Lawn Fawn) as I want to enter the challenge at Scrapbook Challenges.  Apart from stamping the date I didn't do any journalling as I think it is obvious were we going!


The second layout was made with the crop kit, so is my twist on a layout by June, our crop leader, which in itself was (according to her)  a scraplift. I used some (scanned)  photobooth photos of my brother and his friends in around 1980. These kind of photos were the throwaway selfies of the day - I'm just glad that these ones survived.

6 comments:

chrissie said...

Great layouts Marina with lots of interest

Love Chrissie xx

Pia S said...

Haha, snapchat 1980s style, love it!
Great design on the first too, detailed but not overpowering the image.

Lori said...

Both of these layouts are great! I love the "En Route" layout - the stamping and over all design is fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrapbook Challenges!

Natalie Dill said...

I really love both your layouts! So simple and clean, but they tell great stories. Love those stamped chevrons & the Eiffel Tower! Thanks for playing at SBC!

Shauna said...

These pages are great! The travel page is so fun with the airplane and layered papers. The photo booth photos look great against that distressed background. It is funny to compare those booth pictures to the modern practice of snapchat. Very cute!
- Shauna

kate blue said...

travel and chevrons so go together! Cute layout! and you're right, photobooth photos from back in the day were our first selfies! kate (SBC)