Tuesday 3 May 2016

City Crafter Challenge Blog - Feeling Prickly


Our challenge at City Crafter  is 'feeling prickly' and I chose it as a good excuse to use the cactus stamps that are so popular at the moment. But it's not just cacti - anything prickly, like hedgehogs or pins....

Here I created a messy background with shimmery stains (Lindy's Stamp Gang). I stamped the hedgehogs (Paper Artsy) and coloured them with alcohol markers, then masked them off and stamped the cacti (MFT). The Ouch is from the same set ,and the rest of the sentiment is Sarah Hurley,

Our guest this week is Betty Wright. I hope you'll come and see what she's done, see the work of the DT and enter your own prickly project.
I'd like to enter:
My Time to Craft get well soon
Aud Sentiments animals

13 comments:

chrissie said...

Wonderful images Marina--wonder what else is prickly lol

Love Chrissie xx

Mac Mable said...

This brought a smile to my face and loving that background x

Davi said...

Very cool card Marina, love the background!! A fun combo with the cactus and hedgehogs :)

Stella said...

Wow your take on your theme is stunning. I LOVE the hedgehogs and your colouring is perfect!

Maria said...

Love the shimmery background! Love the cacti behind the hedge hogs! What a fun scene and perfect for the challenge...love it!

Maria said...

Love the shimmery background! Love the cacti behind the hedge hogs! What a fun scene and perfect for the challenge...love it!

Pia S said...

Cool theme! And hmmm, I should better get some cactus stamps. Perfect for male themed cards too. I think this card looks great.

Nonni said...

This I completely love! I think I can play along in this one, I already have something in mind. :) I love the monochrome look.

Betty Wright said...

Great background and prickly detailing, Marina! Love those hedgehogs!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love your background, and lots of prickly stuff...I'm from Arizona so I love the variety of cacti and the flowers are so beautiful. Great card, and thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

MagsB said...

What a fun card! I love the hedgehogs and the cacti, and the background is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B x

Shauna said...

This is a cute scene and sentiment. Mostly I was struck by the creative coloring to create the background. Very nice!
- Shauna

Ros Crawford said...

Brilliant challenge and such a fun card!