Saturday 7 October 2017

Inkspirational Challenges - One Layer Card



Our new challenge at Inkspirational is to make a one-layer-card. I seem to make a lot of these lately. 

The cat (Stampin Up) is a solid stamp and when I stamped it in orange, I didn't feel it had enough 'presence' .So I drew round the outline with a pen.  I also added pen detail to the kite (also Stampin Up) and added a doodled border. The sentiments are by Waffle Flower and the background is a Paper Artsy stencil. 

I put this card in my son's bag when he went on a five-day school activity trip. When he came back I found it with his wet clothes - the pen outline had almost disappeared and there was an orange wash over the front of the card! 




I'd like to enter:
Aloha Friday  kiddy cards 
Addicted to Stamps  make your mark 

13 comments:

Nonni said...

Funny story about what happened to this card... And a little bit sad too! :) Great idea to use the black outline for the cat, he really pops a lot better with that. Love your brick wall! Great design with lots of dimension.

Mac Mable said...

Love the soft background colour and the pop of orange on this cute card. Cute story too x

cm said...

Your orange kitty flying his kit is absolutely awesome! Ooops to his trip to camping! Truly a one-layer wonder!
Hugs~c

Claire said...

Smashing card, I like your idea to outline the image to make it pop and that brick wall behind is brill x

Shauna said...

Super cute! I love how you added the pen detail and the fun border. I don't think I would have ever come up with those ideas! Your smudge background adds a lot of texture as well.
- Shauna

Michelle N. said...

Great design & cute as a button-thanks for joining us at Aloha Friday Challenges!

Stella said...

CAS at its best; the cat is awesome:) And so is the font of your sentiment!

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet card..smiling!
xx Karen

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous! Love that BG!

Pia S said...

Ah, kids! The outlining looks super and you've created an illusion of dimension on this one layer.

sandie said...

I like the doodles edge and great background x

Tanja said...

such a fun one-layer card - thanks for playing along at the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge

Creative world said...

Fantastic card and design...thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx