Sunday 1 October 2017

Parental Advisory - Innuendo Inside




Hi everyone. I'm just breaking off from a lovely weekend of marking students' work to post this. (I'm hoping to catch up with visiting my favourite bloggers later.) Please may I ask you not to read any further into this post if you might be offended by some slightly risque innuendo.



Still here? Okay.... my (grown-up) daughter asked me to make a birthday card for her friend who has a naughty sense of humour. We came up with this idea together. It's a big card (8 x8) with a large cockerel on it. And inside my daughter will write 'Here's a big cock for your birthday.'

The cockerel is a cutting file from SVG cuts and I added a circle of foiled paper, glitter, a red feather and a gold embossed sentiment . The base card is embossed with  woodgrain which I then covered with pale gold wax.

I'd like to enter Shopping Our Stash - Not your Momma's card - although it is my daughter's momma's card!
Top 3 Badge

7 comments:

Carol L said...

Oh My Gosh, this is flippin' hilarious!! What a fun and great idea for a card, and I love that you just went for it! LOL I wish I could see the recipient's face when she opens it! Bwahahahaha!!!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh heck!! that is just crazy hilarious!!! First, that rooster is AMAZING!! love the bright pop of red on those feathers and the fabulous pattern papers you use to cut this image, just beautiful.
I too wish I could've seen your daughter's friend's face when she opened this card, I'm cracking up as I'm writing this lines.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you come back and play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Mac Mable said...

You certainly nailed the theme of the challenge....I think it's great that your daughter asked you to make it for her friend x

Ros Crawford said...

Hee hee! But a fabulous card all the same!

Mimi said...

Hey you! Hahaha! I have friends who would love this card as much as I do! The front looks just awesome, and that sass is hilarious. Thanks for shopping your stash with us this week... Did you see you were a top pick again for last week? 💗

Nonni said...

This is hilarious Marina... Love it! I bet you had so much fun planning and making it!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Love it!!! Perfect card for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT